Today, we take a look at the history of the Autodrome canteen, which was built for the exclusive use of the staff in the pits and the stables. Unlike current on present-day circuits, this area was closed to the public. It consisted of a small restaurant and bar for the mechanics or car owners whilst their cars were waiting in the pits, ready to take to the track.
When we look at the construction of the circuit, we can see that the same style and construction techniques were used across the site. At the time, the architecture and techniques of Le Corbusier were dominant in both Catalonia and Europe.
The year is 1922, and at that time, formwork and reinforced concrete were modern, convenient, fast, efficient, durable and cost-effective techniques. In fact, this was so much so, that the Autodrome took just 300 days to build.